"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
"Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website. As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
- Third Party Tracking Tools: We also use third party tracking tools (such as Google Analytics) to improve the performance and features of our Website. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of our Website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
- Automatic Information: We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- Customizing Our Website: We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties: We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information.
- Data Aggregation: We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
- Legally Required Releases of Information: We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of 43km, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
Do Not Track ("DNT")
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Protecting Your Child's Privacy
Our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16 ("Child"), though we realize we may have a Child attempt to make purchases through our Website. We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User's age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. If you are a Child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your Child is using our Website, please contact us to remove your Child's account; we reserve the right to ask you for verification of your relationship to the Child before we honor such a request. If we discover that a Child has created an account on our Website, we will immediately delete the account as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. However, as parent of such a Child, you understand that you are legally liable for any transactions created by the Child.
Links to Other Websites
Our Email Policy
We fully comply with national laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
Controlling Your Data
Other users may be able to associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. 43km users can also use the Find a Buddy feature to find one another based on their travel preferences. Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. We may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You also have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. The Service generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. However, if you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal information, you may contact us as outlined in the “Contact” section.
International Data Transfer
If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.